Questions about Admissions & Housing
Hi everyone! I have a few questions about UNLV, but let me start off by providing a little background info that might be useful to someone hopefully providing answers:
(1) I just graduated (June 2008) from University of California, Davis with a B.S. degree in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology.
(2) I have applied to UNLV for their Spring 2009 semester.
(3) I am applying to a Post-Bach certificate program at UNLV that also requires me to apply to UNLV as an undergraduate "transfer-student" and be accepted before I can be fully accepted into the post-bach program.
--> so basically, I had to apply to both the program and the university concurrently; having submitted my app. to the university like a week past the posted "deadline" (I called the admissions ppl and they said that it was ok I applied late....)
(4) I won't find out if I've been accepted into the Post Bach program until December 1st, 2008.
- - - -
Alright, so onto my questions:
(1) How long will it take for me to hear back from the University of whether or not I've been accepted? How difficult is it to get into UNLV? (I thought it was weird how I didn't have to write any essays or submit reccomendation letters along with the online application so I'm hoping they're not only solely looking at my grades/GPA because I didn't do too well during my bachelor degree years... )
(2) Because I'm applying from out of state (California) and because I'm applying for this upcoming Spring Semester, I'd really love to do on-campus housing at least for my first semester there. (And also, it'd be a hell of a lot easier of a move if I don't have to move all my crap out from the Bay Area to Vegas in like a period of three weeks),
sooooo, my question is: How, When and Can I apply for Campus Housing?
Does housing accept applications for Campus Housing for Spring Semester? And how difficult would it be to get a room? I don't care about having a room to myself or whatever; I honestly, just want a place to live for the first five or so months I'm out there in school.
Even if I find out if I'm accepted to UNLV, I won't find out about being accepted into the program until December 1st... so would it still be possible to apply for housing then?
(3) If it's too late to do on-camus living, does anybody have suggestions of where to live near campus that's relatively "cheap"?
As a reference: I paid $625 for an on-campus studio; paid $745 for a one-bedroom apt. on campus; in both cases everything was included except for PG&E.
Note: I'm a 22 year old female, prefer to live with female roomates, totally love dogs, am quiet, clean [read: almost neat-freak like], studious and like to party every now & then, am in a long-distance relationship [4+ years]
(4) If I bring my car out to vegas, and I plan on being a student for at least a year & a half, do I need to register my car (as in, get a Nevada licence plate & Nevada license?)
- - - -
Okay, I think that's all my questions for right now... if anyone can provide answers, advice, suggestions, options, whatever, I'd totally appreciate it.
And if not, comment anyways and say hi! haha
Thanks in advance!